Unlock Your Hip Flexors Review
Scam or Legit?: Legit
Overall Ranking: 75 out of 100 points
Experience level: Beginner to Intermediate
Type Of Training: Stretching, Plyometrics, etc.
For what?: Injury recovery & prevention
Owners: Rick Kaselj & Mike Westerdal
I stumbled accross this product called Unlock Your Hip Flexors through one of my newsletters and decided to check if this program could potentially help someone who is experiencing different complications that arise from tight hip flexors such as hip pain and lower back pain.
I personally did not have any problems with my hip flexors and never had so I didn’t purchase this program to heal myself, so I want to mention that I cannot give my experience of using it.
But that being said, I’ve reviewed a lot different programs and got a good feel of them what seems to be legit and what a scam.
And I can say right now that I certainly get a feel that the guys who made this up really know what they are talking about.
There is a LOT information about anatomy and biomechanics of the Hip Flexors within this ebook and at times the text is very complicated. although the information is broken down so that a dummy like myself can understand what the authors are talking of.
Let’s look a bit in-depth what the e-book actually consists of…
About The Authors
Rick Kaselj, MS
Rick Kaselj is the “go-to” guy when it comes to overcoming injuries and pain, but most of his learning do not come from books and seminars but from his own struggles with injuries and pain.
Rick’s journey into living a pain-free life started with a severe back injury caused
from working out the wrong way. The injury threatened to end his professional career and prevent him from living a full and happy life. Rick did not want a life of pain, appointments and drugs so he began to search for a solution to overcome his crippling back pain.
Using himself as a guinea pig he developed techniques and strategies to overcome his back injury and has used these same strange techniques with over a hundred thousand clients, professionals, viewers and readers to overcome back, shoulder, knee, elbow and many other pains.
On a daily basis Rick helps over 80,000 people from 137 countries (including Antarctica) live a healthier and pain-free life and Rick has taught his techniques to well over 8,152 health and fitness professionals from around the word.
Mike Westerdal is a personal trainer, kettlebell instructor and founder of CriticalBench.com, the internet’s largest strength site helping half a million people per month achieve their strength & health goals.
With a background in sports training and powerlifting, Mike has teamed up with the industry’s leading Injury Specialist Rick Kaselj, MS in order to overcome their personal injuries and nagging pain.
Together their mission is share the Fix My Pain series with others that are interested in fixing their own injuries and combating pain without appointments, medications or going under the knife in order to live life to the fullest in and out of the gym.
What Is The Unlock Your Hip Flexors EBOOK?
We cannot function perfectly if our hips our imperfect. It’s as simple as that. Our hips impact everything that the rest of the body does or tries to do. Sit, stand, twist, reach, bend, walk, step, and the list goes on and on.
That being said, the book is designed to help you get rid off the following common causes that tight hip flexors tend to manifest:
- Improper posture
- Joint pains in your legs, lower back or hips
- Decreased atheltic perfromance
- Hips locking up
- Compromised Immune System
- High Anxiety
- Problems with sexual performance
- Circulatory issues
- Trouble sleeping
- Digestive problems
- Circulatory issues
As you can see there are many potential problems that arise from tight Hip Flexors, but to be honest I’d say that the four first ones are the major symptoms and the rest are, well, maybe a bit of a long-shot.
In the book it is stated that the two major cause for tight Hip Flexors are SITTING and pattern overload, meaning repetitive movements over long periods of time such as heavy squatting, running or other athletic related movements.
The hips are very, very complex structure and there are 4 major muscle groups that are responsible for your hips to operate as intented but one group in particular has a little more responsibility than the others and this cannot be
disregarded. It’s the iliopsoas group.
The Main Target Of The Book, “The Mighty Psoas”
This particular muscle located deep in the hip seems to be one of the most popular muscles in the realm of fitness professionals; it’s been a subject of countless articles, numerous books and the star in what seems to be an endless
supply of therapy, yoga, and rehab videos.
The reason the psoas is so popular is because it has numerous significant duties. On the structural level, it is responsible for stabilizing the spine and flexing the hip.
One of the most significant things about the psoas is that it connects the legs to the spine.
The problem is that the Psoas is located DEEP within our bodies and it’s really difficult to access. Stretching without a specific series of different techniques or foam rolling / lacrosse balling will not cut it.
This is where the program comes into play.
The Solution: Sequential Flow Method
As I just mentioned, the Psoas is really hard to reach by just stretching your Hip Flexors with traditional stretches without a step-by-step process that is well thought out and stands for a reason.
Like unfolding a sheet or unpacking a parcel, opening up the muscles in your hips requires it to be done in the right order.
Try to release one muscle before another and you’ll add to your tightness. Getting it wrong really can make it worse.
The power of the technique lies not only in what techniques are performed and how well, but in doing these in the proper sequence. Done effectively, what Rick and Mike call “The Sequential Flow Method,” works with your body to activate its natural healing process, improve flexibility while adding strength and vitality.
Doing the movements in the right order unravels all the tissues including muscle, fascia, connective tissue, and the joint capsule while breaking up scar tissue.
The Sequential Flow Method consists of 6 different parts:
- PNF Stretching: PNF is an acronym for proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation. It is a technique where you are activating a specific muscle in order to relax the muscles around a joint so you can decrease the stiffness around a joint.
- Dynamic Stretching: This is where you are activating the muscle around a joint and moving that joint through its full range of motion in a progressive manner. This leads to an increased range of motion around the joint, warming up of the muscle around the joint and improved circulation around the joint.
- 3-Dimensional Core Stability Exercises: With these exercises the program is targeting the muscle in all planes of movement so the core and abdominal muscles have good activation, endurance and strength in all planes of movement which leads to a decrease in unnecessary damaging stress on joints.
- Mobility Exercises: In these exercises, the program is targeting the joint and doing movements and exercises that help the joint function optimally. This allows a joints to move more freely.
- Fascia Stretching: In this unique technique, we are targeting the tissue that muscles are surrounded in and working on loosening and lengthening the fascia.
- Muscle Activation Movements: Due to all of our sitting and daily technology use, many of our muscles are not working properly. With this technique, the program is targeting those muscles that are off and activate them in order to help the body move more efficiently.
There will be a total of 12 different movements within the program using all of the techniques mentioned above that will open up and relax your tight hips.
What I Like In The Program
- The book contains detailed information on the anatomy and biomechanics of our bodies (mainly hips ofc.)
- There are potentially many problems that can be cured by opening your Hip Flexors.
- All the movements are explained in detail and also demonstrated in video so there is no chance of doing them wrong.
- Amount of repetitions / durations and sets explained for each exercise.
- Reading the book feels like you’re actually in hands of a real doctor.
- Price is affordable.
- 60-day no questions asked money back quarantee.
What I Don’t Like
- Available only as a electronic product.
- Some of the symptoms that can be cured with opening Hip Flexors seem to be a bit overexaggerated.
- There is not a 100% success rate that this will cure your problems.
So when it all comes down to it, is the program worth of your money?
When we put things into perspective $50 for a potential lifetime fix of your hip and lower back pain is not too much if you’d ask me.
Just compare that to a visit to the hospital if you have a nagging back or hip pain, I’d think that the bill would be 10 times as high if not even more.
In my humble opinion I think this program is worth a shot if you’re experiencing any discomfort in your hip or lower back area. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
What I can assure you is the fact that this program is not a scam. I get the feel that there is real expertise behind the whole system and it is truly well thought out.