Scam or Legit?: 50/50
Overall Ranking: 30 out of 100 points
Experience level: Beginner
Type Of Training: Bodyweight / Weight Training
For what?: Building muscle & Fat Loss
Owners: Mike Chang
About The Author Mike Chang
Ontop of that Chang really has a well-developed physique that demands respect and shows that he is not a beginner to the iron game, he seems to know his stuff about building that rock hard muscle, But…
I had some extra cash to spend and I decided to purchase Six Pack Shortcuts program and find out is it worth the hype on the internet. The things I found out in the program were not a shock to me since I knew from watching Mikes youtube videos that the program seems to be a bit more marketing oriented than actual weight loss program.
Mike Chang is truly a bit controversial character in the fitness community. Some label him as a straight up fraud and others grant the utmost respect for his efforts of helping people to achieve their fitness goals.
He has appeared with some very big names in powerlifting / strongman and bodybuilding. Not sure though if the these guys have been just wanting to gain some free advertisement over at Mikes channel or are they really sharing some ideas with Chang, who knows.
Some of Mikes videos have good information but some of them have become viral jokes between people who take weight training seriously. And I have to admit that the infamous Towel Rows were the tip of the iceberg.
But before I’ll give my opinion of the product and the man behind it, let’s look a bit to the program in-depth.
The Afterburn Effect – Mike’s Hidden “SECRET” To Fat Loss
This is the marketing catch that you can find in almost every single article and video Mike posts out and it’s the one SECRET formula that he turned himself from fat to fit and it’s called…
THE AFTERBURN EFFECT!
The afterburn effect is just a fancy gimmick for our bodys natural reaction to exercise known as EPOC = “Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption” and Mike Chang has taken EPOC and transformed it into interesting and marketable name.
And this “Afterburn Effect” has been labeled to happen after HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) only and that is why all of Mikes workouts revolve around HIIT training.
Well the truth is that whether you’re doing LISST (Low Intensity Steady State Training) or HIIT to burn off your fat, it doesn’t make a difference in the overall picture IF you’re lifting weights.
Recent years HIIT has been the name of the game and now everyone is scared to do any stady state jogging or other low intensity training because it will not burn fat as efficient as HIIT. Also people like to cling onto the “fact” that HIIT helps you preserve muscle mass in a more efficient way than low intensity cardio training, so now everyone is scared to go jogging because it will burn off all of their muscle.
Well this is a bit outdated information and as long as you’re training with weights, HIIT will not bring you too much anything else than the calories burned during the time of exercising. Although it is true that HIIT burns more calories compared to LISST in a shorter period of time.
But the bottom line is that as long as you’re training with weights it really doesn’t matter which type of cardio you choose to do.
I’ve personally got the best results from fat loss by sticking to moderate amount of HIIT and LISST doing cardio that I personally like.
There is absolutely no need to follow one specific type of cardio. If you hate running and you’re put to run, the program is already setting you to fail.
The best option for fat loss is to pick something that you feel you can stick to over long period of time and enjoy doing.
Ready To Work For Your Goals? Check Out My REVIEW Of #1 Recommendation For Burning Fat & Building Muscle HERE!
There were some positive things in the program:
- Incorporating some of the compound movements to the exercise selection such as squats and deadlifts.
- Mike Chang can be entertaining.
Ok so, there are quite a few things that raised some red flags to me and let me list them down here:
- Making way too big of a fuss about the “Afterburn Effect” which is made to be far more important than it actually is. There is no “magic technique” to weight loss like this afterburn is made to sound like, it’s just a big marketing gimmick. Weight loss is the result of Calorie Deficit and the best way to accomplish it is to structure a good diet along with powerful exercise regimen!
- The workout module includes some quite weird stuff such as doing deadlifts and squats as a last exercise of the regime as you’re already worn out and for movements that are such demanding to have your full focus and attention, it can be dangerous to perform them as a last exercise in the regimen! And the whole workout programs are not designed to be efficient at building muscle and gaining strength while losing fat. They’re are full of different split training which is definately the best way to go about it if you’re seeking the best results.
- The “Zero Willpower Eating System” which is the diet part of the course contains some outdated information on meal frequency that you have to eat every 2-3 hours to build muscle. Along with that the guidelines of what to eat are really basic and you can find them by using google in 2 minutes. And on top of that Mike gives some advice how to pack your meals into tupperware containers, I mean come on.
- The exercise techniques are not teached properly in the videos. Especially the heavy compound lifts such as deadlifts and olympic weightlifting exercises. All of these exercises can be really dangerous when performed with bad form.
- There is not enough emphasize on diet as it is way more important than the weight training when shedding of fat and acquiring thosse rock hard abs.
- Using gimmicks to claim that you get to know techniques to “SHORTCUT” yourself to achieving six pack abs, when truthfully there are no such things as shortcuts when you want to achieve your desired physique. Everything is the result of your hard work and commitment. THERE IS NO SHORTCUT!
Is The Program A Scam?
Although the program is not good, I cannot really label it as a full scam.
The truth is that if you’re not exercising at the moment and you jump into Mikes program you will make progress due to the fact that it gets you moving and doing atleast SOMETHING.
But if you’re serious about dropping bodyfat & gaining muscle and want to do everything the right way and you’re actually ready to put in the work, Mikes program is not for you!
Mikes cheapest package goes with $97 and for that buck you can get much better whole exercise regimens on the market today.
In my #1 recommendation you can even get personal coaching with the same price so you can contact the author if you have any questions how to do something outlined in the program or any other stuff related to your fitness or life goals. This is huge since it really takes the guess work out of the picture.
Conclusion On The Six Pack Shortcuts Review
Mike Chang is a popular figure and I would be lying if I said that the program will not work at all. But the truth is that…
The six pack shortcuts is not worth of your money!
I mean the whole program just reeks of marketing, fancy words and mediocrity. But the fact that it can work to some extent is that Mikes customer segment is catered to complete beginners.
And the funny thing is that for beginners any kind of workout regime will yield results. But that being said you can still make far better progress if you focus on some quality programs rather than Sixpack shortcuts.
I mean think about the name of the product itself Six pack “SHORTCUTS”, let me tell you, there is no such thing as a shortcut to gaining muscle or shedding excess fat to get visible six pack. It requires consistent work and effort and discipline to accomplish those goals, there are NO SHORTCUTS!
So please spare your money and invest it into something that is up to date and has valuable information that counts and will yield you the best results possible!
Tired Of The Gimmicks And Misleading Marketing? Check Out This REVIEW If You’re Serious About Your Fitness Goals!
Did you find this article helpful? Have you used Six pack shortcuts? I would love to hear your experiences with the program! Drop me a comment down below and let me know what you think.
Check out my other informative articles: